Monday, February 15, 2010

Birthdays and Snow days


We celebrated the kid's birthdays in January. Jacob turned 4 and Maggie turned 2. They had a great time eating cake and opening presents at their party. Thanks to all who sent birthday wishes!!! We love you.






This is a shot of Maggie's initial voyage on her scooter. I hope she'll be a pro at it by summertime.


The coolest gal on the block eating her breakfast...



We've had more snow/ice this winter than in years past. It seems Tennessee is either hit with a major snow/ice storm (as in 2004) or gets nothing. Brent has been out of school for 5 snow days this winter...unheard of! Here are some shots of the kids getting ready to play in the snow.


The snow had a layer of ice on top so it wasn't the greatest for making snow balls, but Jacob was obsessed with learning how. He and Brent had a great time pelting me with snow balls.


Otis has a new perch in the back yard...our picnic table.


Our little snow man...




Brent took some time to put hardware on our cabinets in the kitchen...makes such a big difference. Below are the before and after pictures...please excuse the messy cabinets : )







Brent also celebrated a birthday. Here are some shots of him opening his cards and gift.



He really likes his new Ariat boots...




Time is passing so quickly. Maggie has decided she's ready to potty train so I figured I'd better jump on board. Can it be that she will train herself? She is amazing and asks to go on the potty all by herself. She's not fully trained yet but is doing VERY well : ) I had a few shots of her on the potty to put up but unfortunately, they were a little risky to put on the internet. I can't believe that it was just this time last year that I just finished potty training Jacob and now Maggie will be trained soon. I don't know if I'll know how to function without diapers : ). Of course, that is a good thing, but it just reminds me that my precious kiddos are growing up faster every day. Jacob is doing so well in his preschool class with Ms. Lisa and will be going to a formal preschool in September (2 days a week). Little Maggie talks like there is no tomorrow. We are enjoying our time with them and are treasuring every day. I am sad to see them leave the "baby" stages but look forward to the future with them. Thanks for letting me gush a little, Elaine.






No comments: