Sunday, July 20, 2008

Much to be thankful for

We've had a busy week this past week and are looking forward to next week being a little more low-key. I am currently overwhelmed with how blessed we are as a family. God has provided for us in so many ways and He continues to watch over us and our children and we are so thankful for that. We had a scare with Maggie on Thursday of this week...having to take her to the hospital via ambulance to learn that she had/has a UTI. The poor girl had already been to the doctor this week for thrush and she also cut her first tooth. So, it has been an eventful week for Maggie. However, although we were very worried about Maggie and we didn't know the outcome, we are thankful that she is going to be okay and that God gave us the strength to make it through this trying situation. (Notably, I was thankful that I didn't lose my composure at all, with only minor crying as Maggie got her catheter at the hospital - that's a praise in and of itself.)
Times like these make me truly treasure the gifts God has given us in our children. They are precious and I pray that we are equipped to parent them in the best way possible. Thanks for letting me ramble in my own emotional way... : ) Below are some pictures from the past two weeks.





















1 comment:

Nicola said...

You have beautiful babies! Sorry you had to watch Maggie go through all of that. Love the pic of Brent's quality time with her!! She looks like she loves it!